Thursday 6 October 2011

Sunshine of your love


 The past week was filled with glorious sunshine which I obviously made the most of (and made many friends jealous in doing so).  I felt the title of my post is very fitting for enjoying the sun and lots of love :)  I do have a lot of free time on my hands given that I go to college one and a half days a week and that's all.  Whilst I do have this free time I am aiming to make the most of it as you never know when that free time will be taken away from you due to the obligations of life.  The weather has now turned to cold windy Autumn and I am so glad I made the most of the sun :)

After my half day of college on Thursday I went into uni, because I wish I was a fresher again, not for the crazy awesome party's, but because I now feel ready to do a physics degree.  So I now scowl at all the little kids running round like lost fools on campus ha!  No, in reality I may have annoyed expression at all the people making too much noise and hanging in pretty places but they are no different to any other group of freshers.  My actual reason for going into uni was to meet up with the Physics Outreach group for an initial meeting.  It is now Thursday again, time is really flying past me at the moment.   I shall also do a post on the group at some point perhaps as I do feel the group needs its own post :)

I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the grass in the park reading my book and sunning myself, bliss!  This was made even better when random acoustic music started to sound :)  A cajon, tambourine, guitar and good voices made for excellent park entertainment.  They were good too, which always helps, and they played the bare necessities which really did make my day :) 

Friday was beach day!  I just decided when I woke up that the weather was too nice to waste and a beach trip had to be had.  I managed to drag a friend away from work for the day to enjoy the sun, sea and sand.  It was only Formby beach but it's a very pretty beach with dunes and pine woods to add to the exploration :)


 Saturday was written off for various reasons like needing to sleep and the rain came on Sunday.  It didn't dampen my spirits though as I dragged the best friend across the water for a free bbq, excellent live music and lovely company.  Across the water sounds like we went somewhere lovely and exotic but alas it was just the Wirral, which is lovely just not that exotic.  Just another Northern place, which makes it awesome, pretty and a place you should visit!  Yorkshire will always be the best Northern place but I am appreciating the surroundings that I have :)

Now to refresh my memory on some simple physics for my exciting afternoon playing with detectors and radioactive sources.  Just to clarify health and safety will be at it's fullest and by playing I mean I'm going to have lots of fun and enjoy myself immensely as physics is fun!  I mean what's more fun than understanding the universe and everything that exists within it!

Peace, love and happy things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment