Monday 12 September 2011

Events

I have spent the last week or so residing (read crashing on friends sofas) in Liverpool.  It has been amazing and I never want to leave!  It is my favourite place, there's always so much going on and there's nothing better than catching up and drinking tea with friends :)

My favourite tea shop has been frequented often.  Leaf on Bold St always has a lovely atmosphere.  The large selection of teas and tasty food.  Think I spent at least six hours there last week, it's just such a great place to sit and chat.

Last Tuesday I managed to make my best friend almost fall asleep in the pub!  I just have amazing skills ha!  I dragged her along to SciBar in the Ship and Mitre.  Firstly an amazing pub in it's own right with a wide selection of beers that always overwhelms me, I've never any good when given choice.  Scibar is, as the name suggests, science in the pub.  First Tuesday of every month.  This month it was on gravitational waves.  It was interesting to learn how they are attempting to detect them using lasers and mirrors.  I wont go into details, I have a physics degree this greatly interests me but my best friends degree is in design so some of the stuff went way over her head.  I was a shame as I thought she'd get more of it but there were a lot of graphs and I guess if you're not used to looking at graphs and understanding what that shows then you're not really going to grasp what's going on.  I would still suggest going along if you're interested in science at all :)

We actually went back to the Ship and Mitre the next day for more beer and conversations.  This time not based on science.  We also had food, which was excellent and even more so as we gained a free massive bowl of tasty chips.  Can't beat free food :)

Best beer mat ever!

Friday saw us supporting the Bombed out Church or St Luke's to give it it's correct name.  There was a fund raising night for the church which consisted of an auction of art work, a bar and live music.  I actually wanted to bid on a few pieces as they were really good but given my low funds at the moment I think I was wise to avoid that, even though it was for a good cause.  The live music was wonderful, I'd not heard anything in the church before but the acoustics are amazing definitely a venue I would recommend checking out. The events are generally put on by Urban Strawberry Lunch and I think, dependant on weather of course, they are open most days for you to go have a look inside and see what events they have on.

Hope you're making your life eventful.  Please share any events that are going on as I'm always interested to find new places and things :)

Peace, Love and Happy things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment