Tuesday 6 September 2011

A new start requires a new blog

My new starts some times never take effect.  Some times I'll waste the morning and then I'll decided that I'll start my plan of starting something new tomorrow and this continues for a while until I either forget about it or I just don't see the point any more as it's been so long.  Of course this isn't always the case otherwise I'd waste every day and never get a thing done.

Recently I've taken the initiative to get things done, as inevitably things in my life don't get done unless I make them happen.  So I've been making things happen and getting things done.  There are still days where I don't really get much done at all, but we all need a break or at least I find a satisfactory excuse for myself not to do very much that day.

So my new start isn't really fully started yet, not through effort of my own, just other people have lives that don't have me at the centre so I have to wait for them to get things done.  This isn't a complaint and by no means do I expect anyone to have me at the centre of their lives, only myself.  Part of my new start is living for myself, not in a selfish way.  I'm too considerate and compassionate for that and my conscience would not allow me to live with myself if I were.  What I mean by having myself at the centre of my life is that I do things for me, not for the conversation I could have with someone about it, not for the sake of impressing someone else, just simply what I enjoy and when I feel like doing it.

I had come to realise a lot about myself over the past few months.  Lots of free time does that too you.  Realising that a lot of what I did wasn't really for me was a great joy and it has been a pleasure so far finding out what I really do enjoy.  It's a never ending journey but it's a fun one and I'm always excited for the next twist and turn.  Another revelation was to stop over thinking and just do things.  If I want to do something I should do it, if I don't like it I don't have to do it again but at least I tried it.

I feel I'm now inciting lots of clichés, which I guess is the case as these are revelations that everyone probably has at some point in their life.  I can't say for sure as you can't proper anyone's mind but your own.

I think that's a sufficient enough ramble to get this blog started.

Peace, love and happy things :)

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes dear on your new endeavor. I know what it feels, I recently also changed blogs because I felt a need to grow. =)

    xo

    ReplyDelete